Menu

Thursday, March 25, 2010

what on gypsy earth is a "stacked" accordion?



Simply put it's an accordion book done 7gypsies style.  

When we created this little gem we weren't quite content just offering your standard accordion... we knew it could be so much more.  So we "stacked" a stitched seam book into several of the accordion folds for an unexpected addition to an already interesting book style.  Ours also comes with 2 naked book board covers to finish it off.  By the time you add your own photos and favorite embellishments you'll feel like a master book maker.

Take inspiration in this beautiful version by gypsy Ranjini.  It was this month's product challenge.  The Venice collection papers, paper tape and clear stamp are the perfect backdrop to her stunning photos.  


LOVE the way the paper tape looks holding her photos in place!  A simple but artistic touch to embellishing a journal.








Molto Bello indeed!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

I love this book. Can you tell me if you sell the leather items to bind the book all together in the last and next to last photo?

MichelleB said...

This is fabulous! Love it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is just beautiful! I love all the papers and embellishments used here. Thinking I should put something like this together for my new grandchild that is due this Summer.

KAT said...

Beautiful and I really love the grunge hinges on the outside!!!

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

The hinges are made from Grunge Board (a Tim Holtz Product)and made to look like leather using ink.

bethchien said...

gorgeous!

Rhayne said...

This is really fantastic! I recently started making bound mini-albums and this is now on my list to try :o)

Tracy Dyar said...

Love it!

Amy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

heidig said...

What a beautiful project! I think I'm needing a stacked accordion.

Anonymous said...

I knew I recognized Tim's stuff! My favorite scrapbook products are 7 gypsies and Tim Holtz!

K Andrews said...

Gorgeous color scheme - really nice layout in this book and I love the smaller "booklets" inside. Thank you for sharing.