Menu

Friday, September 25, 2009

In search of Good Junk


Time for another adventure with the gypsies while we search for good junk!

This time we are in Pasadena, CA at a FABULOUS store called...
Zinnia
1024 Mission St
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 441-2181
http://www.zinnia.biz

(this is the kind of store that you have to look up and down to see everything)
We had no idea what a treat we were in for. What a fabulous place, not only a visual feast and but very inspiring. We first met John who gave us a warm welcome and even shared his work in progress art journal that was fantastic.
We also met Tamara the shop owner, she showed us around and gave us some cards from her personal collection. Tamara and John have been long time 7gypsies fans so it was fun to make that connection and meet them.

This is the view as you first walk into the store....doesn't get much better than this! All those printer trays are filled with all sorts of bits and pieces of funky objects.

the counter and workshop area

Look at the front counter...We would so love this at home! It is made with pieces of tissue paper, paper table runners and Mod Podge, all on a wood base. We would guess it then has a coat of lacquer over the top to protect it. Can you see the "P" from the P is for photos sticker sheet? We also found some vintage 7gypsies paper and tissue in the counter collage.
Do you remember when 7gypsies made tissue paper? If you do, then you have been following us since the beginning! And if you still have some in your stash, then your defiantly a
gypsy at heart...part wanderer and part hoarder!

(remember to click on any photo to see it bigger)

More fun stuff....ribbons, bakery twine, fibers and more!Here's a secret...if you saw the 7gypsies trade show booth and you liked the giant bird cage, this is the store that gave us the idea.
It's just that kind of place, so inspiring and worth the trip.
Thanks Zinnia for letting us stopped by...we loved it and hope to be back soon!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Heavenly!!

Tracy Dyar said...

Swoon! I think tissue paper is something you need to do again! In fact, I have a whole list of things I want you to make for me!

cindy said...

I agree with everything you said about ZINNIA because we shop there at least once a month. We had to put ourselves on a tight visiting budget or it could get bad for our wallet but it is worth every minute in the shop. xoxo :D

Debby said...

What a heavenly store! Hey I still have that tissue and I am not a hoarder! Ha. Will probably start to use it more in my art journal. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

*SHeRRy B* said...

I still have tissue paper! I want to visit this store!

melani said...

I still have tissue paper take it out now and again just to look at there isn't a project worth my tissue paper yet. I can add to Tracy's list.

IndyCinD said...

I've got a stash of 7G tissue paper that I love, love, LOVE! I bought it every time I came across it and I'm so glad I did. I keep it up on the top shelf so the grandkids can't grab it by accident! Call me a hoarder - it's all good! It's on my list of "favorite products I wish you would bring back"!