Menu

Saturday, November 12, 2011

from the studio of: sande krieger

photo shadowbox tray
by sande krieger
we love the way sande always create such fabulous-detailed projects! 
so many elements were put into this tray that we just HAD to ask her to tell us all about it....

sande: I had all these fabulous family photos that my friend Terra had taken of us but wasn't sure how I wanted to display them since there were so many that I loved from the shoot. 
Then along came the photo tray which solved my dilemma.  It had plenty of photo-sized windows so that I could put my favorites in and still have just enough room to put my vintage spin on it so that it would fit in nicely with the rest of my decor.
To add dimension, I used the metal hooks and loops to tie and hang things from. To add texture, I used a metal #5 (we have 5's all over our house), the 7Gypsies optical lens, domino, #8 medallion, metal clock hands, the 7Gypsies studs, waxed string, 7Gypsies charm, 7Gypsies ruler and some rhinestones. 

The easel is perfect for displaying the tray in my living room on the sofa table since I have no wall space to hang it. 

gypsies: thank you sande for sharing your creation with us!!!

4 comments:

Ranjini said...

Sande, this is *so* gorgeous! I love your work!

Wendy said...

I love your projects. They really inspire me. I bought the ATF advent tray project but due to the storm and peer outage was not able to get the finally three. Days copied fro computer. Can you send them to me or report? Thank you Wendy

MichelleB said...

This is gorgeous! I just got this tray and love this inspiration!

About Seven Gypsies said...

@Wendy - are you talking about the artist advent blog kit project that we did during the month of Ocober? If so, here is a link to the full instructions http://www.sevengypsies.com/attachments/ARTIST_ADVENT_BLOG_KIT_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf. If not, please email info@sevengypsies.com and we will help you out!